Backing up is Essential for using a device. Dont trust your hardware. Make sure you have a backup onsite and offsite to be
Please Backup if you wondering why please read. Backup. Do you really back? Blog Post
Whats the difference between file backup and System Image?
- File History. Takes Copies of your files and Windows will put them on your backup Hard Drive, Network, etc. These are smaller in size and handy.
- System Image. Backs up everything. Your files, your operating system and all your applications. These are great for when your about to a major upgrade, or virus taken over your system.
- Hybrid. Both are a good option if you have the time to set them up. System Image every Month and file back up everyday or week. This of course depends on how often you use your computer and what you use it for.
Before we begin making and image you will want to make a system repair disc so you can actually use your image if something goes wrong in general.
So hit the windows key and type backup.
Click “Set Up backup”
Pick your backup location and typically use the recommended settings
Your first system backup will take the longest but you can use your computer while this being done so no dramas.
Command Line Version
I wont go into much detail here
Backup of “All critical data” to D: drive
wbadmin start backup -backuptarget:D: -allcritical -quiet
Any questions, comments or suggestions please leave a message below
Have a great day from
Latest posts by Luke Keam (see all)
- Powershell | Rick Roll ASCII style - September 1, 2017
- PowerShell | Virus Scanning with Defender - August 21, 2017
- PowerShell script cannot be loaded because the execution of scripts is disabled on this system - August 15, 2017